Thursday, April 24, 2014

Insanity Modifications


I CAN FLY! haha just playing. 

I wanted to highlight something about high intensity workout programs. I am on week 2 of Insanity, this is my 4th time trying to do this program! Not every workout program is going to work for every person! You need to find YOUR jam, your soul mate workout. If you hate your program or it hurts your body, you aren't going to stick with it!

I tried Insanity when I was 30lbs. heavier and it was a DRAG! I couldn't even get through the WARM UP! Once I set my pride aside and did a program that I could stick to, I lost the weight and changed my body. Now I can come back to insanity and it really pushes me to better myself. I'm at the level of athleticism that I'm not defeated by the workouts.

But one thing I am changing is I'm modifying the really high intensity move that hurt my body. Last time I did insanity I had to stop at week three because I had a foot injury and a knee injury. This GIRL has got to take care of her body! So this time around instead of doing the high jump like you see on the left, I am doing knee ups like you see on the right. Small changes like this will save my body and allow me to finish the 60 day challenge. I'm clearly capable of doing the high jump but I know, based on how my body has reacted, that these are NOT for me.



Make a program work for you, everyone is different. I understand the phrase "no pain no gain" but I'd prefer to have the gain without the pain!

What program are you doing right now?

Join my next Challenge Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment