Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


Have I mentioned lately that I am addicted to pizza? To the point that I might need to join a PA group (Pizza Anonymous)!! I used to eat an entire pizza all to myself in one sitting in college :( those were the days!! haha just kidding

ANYWAYS I still am addicted to pizza but I have come to terms with this addiction by trying to supplement something else into my diet that meets the flavors and deliciousness that is pizza. 

Lucky for me, my roommate is an amazing chef and really creative. Daniel Razzo came up with this delicious recipe and now I eat it once a week! It is so easy, only 7 ingredients, and CHEAP!! oh and it tastes just like PIZZAAAA! 

Okay so now for the recipe:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Eat time: 1 min hahaha ;)

Ingredients:

  • 2 portobello mushrooms
  • 5 freshly chopped basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup of dices tomatoes (I use cherry tomatoes and halve them)
  • 2 cloves of minced garlic (or more cause I love garlic!)
  • 1/4 cup of fresh chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup of shredded pepperjack cheese (I use goat cheese because it is easier on my stomach)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • crushed red pepper for an extra KICK
 

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cut the stem of the portobello mushrooms to create more room  for toppings. You can diced up the stem and place it in with the other toppings. Place the portobello mushrooms in a baking dish so that they are upside down, like a bowl.
  3. Evenly distribute between the two mushrooms the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped basil, and chopped onion in the "bowl" of the portobello mushroom. 
  4. Place the shredded pepperjack cheese, or cheese of your choice, on the top of all the other toppings. Add as mush as you see fit, some think the cheesier the better!
  5. Salt and Pepper and crushed red pepper to taste!
  6. Place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. The cheese will melt first but let it cook longer so that the mushroom sweats a little. 

Let cool and ENJOY!! 



I made ours with roasted fennel and a fresh cucumber, avocado, grape salad :)

Nutritional Information:

Serving Size: 1 stuffed portobello
Calories: 179
Fat: 9.8g 
Carbohydrates:11.8g
Sugar: 3.1g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 8.9g 

No comments:

Post a Comment