Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PiYo: Calling all yoga rebels!

So getting back into the swing of things has been ROUGH! A week in vegas will do that to you.....

So to clean out the FroYo, pizza, nachos, more nachos, taco salads, and of course a beautiful chocolate on chocolate on chocolate cupcake..... wow that was delish but coming home monday I was ready for some REFOCUS.

I jumped into the 3 Day Refresh (brand new cleanse!!) and I am finishing up day 3 today :D results and details to come <3
RESULTS AND DETAILS TO COME!

AND I started a new pilates~yoga fusion program called PiYo. Today's workout was SWEAT, and boy did I!! No weights, low impact, HIGH intensity. I cannot wait to see my LONG LEAN MUSCLES <3


It has only been a recent discovery of mine that I NEED more stretching and strengthening. I have this faulty notion that to lose weight and get fit is all about cardio and weights.... YES this is true, both exercises can do WONDERS for your body. BUT you need to incorporate stretching!! With my body type, I easily BULK up and have to be careful with what programs I choose and how I utilize them. Incorporating yoga into my daily schedule has been PERFECT to lean out my muscles while building strength. BUT I do have to say with my CRAZY personality, yoga can be bit of a bore at first! VOILA! PiYo comes in to my life and I am READY to embrace it :D 



You may ask, "Heally, why is Beachbody always coming out with new programs. Which one is a good fit for me?" WELL the way I see it is we all have different bodies, different mind sets, different GOALS, not one workout will please us all. Beachbody has made it their goal to have a catalog of programs so that ANYONE can get fit, that is a beautiful thing <3 My JOB as a coach is to help you find your SOULMATE workout and help you fall in love with health and fitness, or at least enough to get you off your BUM! <3



I was fortunate enough to become a certified PiYo instructor last week while in Vegas! I loved learning every move that is going to STRENGTHEN, LENGTHEN, AND STRETCH my body. This is my team and I getting ready for an entire day filled with PiYo! This program is for EVERYONE! From the fittest athlete to the beginner that is too afraid to even push PLAY!


Is PiYo meant for me?

PiYo is meant for the person who wants to increase flexibility, balance, get longer looking muscles, and wants to treat their body a little better. For all of you shorties out there, no your legs will not grow longer... BUT they will look lean and BEAUTIFUL! ;) This is a challenge for your body that also incorporates healing and strength building all in one SWEATY workout.

The key here is:  LOW Impact & HIGH Intensity Movement - lots of sweat :D

Pilates + Yoga + faster paced + athletic training + fun music = PiYo 


Pilates: an exercise method based on styles of yoga, gymnastics, calisthenics and dance (think modern). Joseph Pilates, the founder, designed pilates for rehabilitation purposes during WWI, however now there are VERY many styles of pilates.
> Benefits: Improves muscle coordination, balance, and posture. Develops a stronger core (think nice flat abs and strong lower backs), increases strength, and flexibility. To be honest it reminds me of a Core Power Yoga class -- super charged but modifiable.

Yoga: Traced back to India some 5,000 years ago for meditative, prayer, healing and restoring energy purposes. While its evolved over the years, yoga has had a strong presence in the fitness and religious capitals.
> Benefits: Reduces stress, restores energy, increases flexibility and breath, releases toxins, improves balance and posture, connects the mind in body through breath.

REAL RESULTS


“The first thing I would say about PiYo is, don’t be fooled by the name. It’s not Pilates and Yoga. Yes, you’ll get the core strength and flexibility benefits of yoga and pilates, but you’ll also get cardio and strength training. So you’ll burn fat and build lean muscle all over your body while you become more flexible.” — with Patrick Riehlman.

One of my FAVORITE classes of the program thus far has to be Drench (45 mins): This workout not only leaves you drenched, but your metabolism will have been kick-started to ensure you scorch away fat!



What is PiYo? 

Carve an intensely defined physique-without jumps, without weights, and without joint strain. Using body weight, PiYos uses low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. The result? Long, lean, muscles, a high, firm booty, and tight, flat, sexy abs. PiYo will work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of a body. And since Chalene Johnson cranked up the speed and the fun, crazy calories will be burned too!

Your PiYo program includes:

8 WORKOUTS (ranging between 25-45 minutes 6x a week)

  • Align: The Fundamentals (40 min.): This workout breaks down the most important and effective moves in the program to help you perfect your form and get the best results possible.
  • Define: Lower Body (25 min.): Get your sleekest and leanest legs ever as you lengthen and strengthen your entire lower body—from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
  • Define: Upper Body (35 min.): Use this incredibly effective workout to start chiseling away at your upper body to help shape your arms, carve out your triceps, and define sexy shoulders.
  • Sweat (35 min.): A traditional PiYo workout that incorporates effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio yoga-flows, and bodyweight resistance strength training to help sculpt your entire body.
  • Core (30 min.): This ab-centric workout hits your powerhouse from every angle to build a strong core, flat, sculpted abs and obliques, as well as a strong and sexy back.
  • Strength Intervals (25 min.): Twenty-five minutes is all you need of this nonstop body-carving, calorie-incinerating workout that uses no weights, no equipment, and gives you no bulk!
  • Drench (45 min.): This endurance workout maximizes fat burning while it works every muscle in your body. It will not only leave you drenched—it will kick-start your metabolism as you scorch away the fat.
  • Sculpt (30 min.): This workout uses varying tempos to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. This generates muscular endurance and metabolic changes that will totally transform your figure.

TOOLS FOR SUCCESS

  • Quick Start Guide. Everything you need to know to get started including valuable insider tips to get your best results possible! 
  • PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar to make sure you're progressing each week as you build up your strength, flexibility, and stamina.

PLUS, 4 FREE GIFTS (when you order through a coach like me =) ) 

  • Get Lean Eating Plan. A simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle and your taste buds! Learn how to eat a variety of delicious, nutritious foods that keep you properly fueled, satiated, and nourished—and help you define your best body 
  • Buns (25 min.): Focused on the glutes, this workout is designed to lift, redefine, and tighten the entire backside of your body for the perfect tight and round butt.
  • Tape Measure. Track your progress as you melt the fat away faster than you ever imagined.

Pricing Details:

Challenge Pack:$140

  •  Nine 30-minutes fitness PIYO DVDS, Nutrition Guide and Fitness Guide
  •  Month Supply of Shakeology! Your favorite flavor(s) delivered on Home Direct
  •  30-Day FREE trial membership to the Team Beachbody Club
  • ME as your coach!
  • Support and accountability group, FREE, to help get you to your goals!
I am starting a Support Group for PiYo starting in July, NOW is the time to reach out and make change. Because it is BRAND NEW, PiYo is basically FREE. DO IT

CLICK HERE for the PiYo Challenge Pack

Not ready yet? That is okay!
CLICK HERE for a FREE Team Beachbody Membership and for me to be your coach! I will get to know you better, listen to your struggles and goals and together we will help you make appropriate changes in your life!

To find me on Facebook and see if I'm the right coach for you, please don't hesitate -- send me a friend request and let me know who you are!

xoxo,





PS: A MESSAGE FROM THE CREATOR ChaLEAN Johnson-

“I created PiYo to meet a need… my own need! I was falling apart, literally! Injury after injury, I thought my body was starting to break down. I felt uncomfortable in most yoga classes because I wanted to move more and the music left me uninspired. I often was the least flexible and I found myself wanting big sweat, dynamic movement. I loved the long flexible lines from Pilates, but the grace and small controlled movements left me longing for more. I needed flexibility and even on the days I was doing yoga or pilates I felt like I had to do an extra cardio or strength workout. I was frustrated but I knew I needed flexibility and better core strength. I needed a solution.

My body was falling apart and I attributed it to “part of getting old” until my doctor explained to me that it wasn’t my chronological age that was causing me an endless list of injuries, but rather my physical age. I had neglected to care for myself. My lack of flexibility and years of intense cardio, impact and over-training were breaking me down. I needed a workout that would transform my body from the inside out, give me strength and restore my joints. I wanted workout that gave me flexibility, strength and cardio without destroying my joints. I wanted change. I needed a solution. I wanted music and movement that made me feel like a powerful, flexible athlete. I didn’t just want to look good, I wanted to just feel better when I got out of bed in the morning.

If you’ve taken a PiYo class from one of the thousands of health clubs across the globe that offers this unique workout… you have experienced just a sliver of a sliver of what the PiYo home workout has to offer. Get ready for a game change. This program is about transformation from the inside out!” – Chalene Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment