Sunday, December 8, 2013

I finished T25 what what?!?!

I love ShaunT! 

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about my adventure with this program. I started Focus T25 on July 8th of 2013. I did both the normal 10 week program with Alpha and Beta phases and added the additional 4 weeks with the Gamma Phase. SPOILER ALERT….. it took me waaaaaayyy longer than the intended 14 weeks, so what?? I'M HUMAN!! I already beat myself up for a MONTH and told myself what a failure I was because I didn't lose more and it took me almost 3 weeks extra! The key for MY life is balance. Life threw me a couple curve balls, injuries, vacations, etc. and I veered away from my goals a little. 

But I am proud to say that I did indeed FINISH the program. Like I said earlier, I have been beating myself up for over a month now about my results. I finally sat down and put my pictures side by side and told myself GOOD JOB!! I am learning to overcome my negative self talk and my bad habit of comparing myself to those around me. This was MY journey, I chose to not eat as strict of a nutrition plan as I should, I skipped days, and so forth. But despite all of my set backs I still had some KICK ASS results!! <3 


I lost a total of 8 lbs. and 7 inches all over my BODY! But to be honest the real change cannot be photographed because it is the confidence I have INSIDE! The change is in my attitude towards health and fitness, the change is in my love for my body and the skin I am in! I FEEL amazing and people have noticed a change in my attitude and confidence, and that feels good :) 


My trouble zone is my belly, always has been always will be. I used to tell myself that it would never get smaller, that I "naturally" would always have this pooch! Little did I know I was just feeding myself excuses along with 3 medium sized dominos pizzas, a california burrito, and 2 carmel fraps! Once I assessed my weaknesses and admitted that my excuses were plain STUPID, I was able to change my body and my mind :) 


I worked out hard for 4 weeks and then would have a weird week of skipping 2-3 workouts, which is so silly in retrospect because it is only 25 minutes of my day! I ate a relatively balanced diet, I was a vegetarian and really stocked up on the hardy greens and complex carbs. But I did enjoy a day or more of drinking or giving in to temptation and eating some "happy foods" as my fellow Beachbody coach Kati Heifner likes to call her cheat meals. So at least I am not in denial about my eating habits, right?!


I really enjoyed the workouts of Focus T25. I am by NO MEANS a lover of cardio…… I actually loathe cardio hahaha especially plyometric or anything with jumping because it makes everything jiggle! BUT T25 became my soulmate cardio workout! I was burning on average 10 calories a second. Each workout I burned about 250+ calories, and toned my body. I also have some knee issues and extremely flat feet, T25 limits the amount of big jumps and hard landings. For the most part you stay pretty low to the ground which I loved! And I could always follow my girl TANIA if I needed too ;) Tania Baron, also known as "the machine", is from ShaunT's other workout programs such as Insanity and Hip Hop Abs. She had amazing results from T25 after having a baby! She does the modifications for low impact during T25. 


So to break it down for you:

  • 25 mins a day, 5 days a week
  • FIT (Focused Interval Training) workouts, burn outs, resistance bands included for Beta phase
  • 2 phases: Alpha and Beta. Alpha is the first introductory phase focused on form, speed and agility. Beta increases the level of difficulty. Add on GAMMA phase (like me) for an extra 4 weeks of T25 and a focus in on strength training!
  • Alpha Phase 5 weeks
  • Beta Phase 5 weeks
  • little to no breaks
  • no recovery weeks

My best friend Becky puts it best >> Becky Padilla: "It's all too convenient to make excuses. 5 days a week for 25 minutes. Literally 25 minutes... no traveling to the gym/studio, waiting in lines for machines, looking for a class that fits your schedule, etc. Also, 5 days a week gives wiggle room, like if one day is jam packed, a special day like Christmas or you just know yourself and really need to take a break that day... that can be one of your two days off (counting stretch as a day off). Personally, I know if I feel like I get behind I just want to give up altogether, so the minimal time commitment allows me to live my life while staying true to the program."

I love see my body, mind, and spirit transform! Right now I am on the end of week 2 of Insanity and finding it really challenging but I know that it is good for me…. 

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or you are ready to change you life and just need a little help! We can figure out the BEST route for you... this is about RESULTS, not excuses, we all have the time. 

Keep in mind, health should be an investment, not an expense! AND we are all human, it took me too long to finish this program but all I can do is reflect on it and change in the future! 

CHEERS to SUCCESS and RESULTS!

xoxo
Heally

Check out what I had to say when I first started!! >> THE BEGINNING!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I just finished week 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Lynne! That is so exciting :D How do you feel?

      Delete
  2. I am currently on Beta phase 3rd week and just wonder after I'm done should I go back to alpha and start all over again. Also I am not losing any weight but I am noticing that my body looks different (more toned) except my abdominal area. Any suggestions on what I should do there. I am eating pretty healthy tho and don't think it's my diet. I did have a second baby year and a half ago so maybe it's little harder to see a big change now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently on Beta phase 3rd week and just wonder after I'm done should I go back to alpha and start all over again. Also I am not losing any weight but I am noticing that my body looks different (more toned) except my abdominal area. Any suggestions on what I should do there. I am eating pretty healthy tho and don't think it's my diet. I did have a second baby year and a half ago so maybe it's little harder to see a big change now.

    ReplyDelete