Saturday, June 28, 2014

Easy as sweet potato pie!

So I have come to find over the years that I am an INSTANT GRATIFICATION kind of person. I LOVE to have immediate results and immediate change when I do something. This is exactly where my issues with my body and eating have stemmed from. When I was bigger, instead of making life long changes that would help me not only lose weight but get healthy... INSTEAD I dyed my hair, went shopping, tried a different style of makeup, all of these things were coping mechanisms to help me burry my issues with my body. 

LONG story short, I also HATE waiting for my food to cook, or bake, or WHATEVER. I want to eat when I am hungry. hahahah SO I need recipes that are quick and easy or else I will be very grumpy :D 

BOOM!!!! Sweet and Spicy Baked Yams


Though these are not quite INSTANT because you do have to wait for them to bake.... I didnt have to do much, and I like that, I like it a lot :P 

So here is how I made this magic!

Thing you will need:
- 1 sweet potato or yam 
- Cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon 
- Curry powder
- Coconut Oil
- a pan, a knife, and an oven ;) 

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, I had to do 400 degrees F because I think our oven is a little off!
2. Dice the yam into small pieces, since I am impatient I like to make smaller pieces so they will cook through faster!
3. Take 1 tsp. of Coconut Oil and rub into bottom of your pan
4. Place yams in the pan and sprinkle the 3 seasonings over the top, SHAKE IT AND BAKE IT!
5. Place the yams in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until tender, use a fork to test out a larger piece. 

VOILA a DELICIOUS side dish to add to dinner. It will taste AMAZING and not take you any time <3 

ALSO fun fact of the day: If you are trying to lose weight and cut back on carbs, sweet potatoes and potatoes are (in my opinion) a GREAT way to get complex carbohydrates without all the processed CRAP that you'll find in other products. Remember when you eat clean you are eating things that don't come from a bag or box, that are fresh, and as little ingredients as possible!! I do my best to eat a Paleo Vegetarian diet because honestly just FEEL better, less bloated, and clean <3 

Try this recipe out, and please leave feedback for what you think!

xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment