Friday, June 7, 2013

Coconut Collard Greens UGHHHMAZING

Coconut Collard Greens



The Beachbody Ultimate Reset rocks my world once again... This 21 day reset was one of the most eye opening amazing 3 weeks or my life. I LOVED experimenting with new recipes and ingredients. This recipe really took me by surprise and made me fall in love with collard greens, which I had never even had before. My boyfriend Narayana also was pleasantly surprised by this delicious side dish, and we have now incorporated it into our weekly meal routine. Try it out and let me know how you like it! I changed the UR ingredients a little to make it work for what I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tsp. of Organic Coconut oil
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/2 bunch collard greens, washed, stems removed, and cut into 1/2 inch strips
1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt

Preparation:
Heat oil in large wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and soft. Add collard greens and stir well. Add salt, serves 1.

The original recipe calls for olive oil instead of coconut oil and a 1/4 cup coconut milk. I have not tried the original recipe exactly but I enjoy the changes I made to the recipe. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment