Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Best Salmon you've ever had!

Baked Salmon, Steamed Asparagus, and Baby Potatoes



Salmon is delicious and there are so many ways to prepare it. This is a great simple recipe that packs in the flavor and keeps the calories and unneeded fats from sauces out of the picture! I made this on the first night of my 21 day cleanse and it was a surprise that I was cleansing, I felt spoiled and indulgent!

Baked Salmon- What you need:

1 clove of garlic, minced
2 Tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1/4 Tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 Tsp. herbal seasoning (oregano, basil, thyme, etc.)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 6-oz salmon fillet

Preparation:

In a bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, oil, basil, salt, seasoning, lemon juice, and parsley. Place salmon in a medium glass baking dish and cover with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour, turning occasionally. The first time I made it I did not marinate it for more than 10 minutes and it was still BOMB, so don't stress if you don't have the time to marinate.

Preheat oven to 350° F. I used the conventional toaster oven and it was a great energy efficient alternative to the oven. Place foil in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Return the sealed salmon to dish or pan and bake 20 minutes, or when it is nice and flakey. Serves 1.

YOU WILL LOVE THIS SALMON! So fresh, moist, and savory. Make sure you buy a good cut of fish too, this helps to ensure great flavor.

Side Dishes:

1/4 cup of boiled baby potatoes- make sure to salt and pepper them when done! I loved dipping the potatoes in the oils and sauce from the asparagus and salmon

1 cup steamed asparagus with lemon- Easy peasy! Just steam the asparagus and squeeze a 1/4 lemon juice and a little Himalayan salt to taste.


I was so pleasantly surprised by how delicious and savory this dish is! The side dishes are so simple because there is so much FLAVOR packed into that salmon. Props again to the Beachbody Ultimate Reset Nutrition Guide.



1 comment:

  1. healthy, simply recipes,,,I will refer to your blog each day to prepare my meals...thank you.

    ReplyDelete