Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Delicious Salad Alternative!

Asian Cabbage Salad

Sometimes the normal go to salad gets old, right? Instead of switching over to something like a sandwich or pasta for a change, try out this Asian Cabbage Salad!

I have to give props to the Beachbody Ultimate Reset for this recipe, though I added some ideas of my own... I first tried out this recipe during my 21 day reset, where I lost 10 lbs by the way!! This is just one of many recipes that are AMAZING and so clean and healthy.

Try it out and let me know what you think! I love it and I know you will to.

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger juice or shredded ginger
2 Tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/2 head of Napa or Savoy cabbage (green cabbage)
1 carrot, shredded
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro
1/2 a jalapeno diced
Handful of halved cherry tomatoes
Himalayan salt (to taste)

What to do:

Mix first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Toss with remaining ingredients and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. Serves 1!

If you don't have all of the ingredients, don't worry about it! Sometimes I add in fresh spinach, and kale. Throw in what you have and make it work! What is important is the marinating of the juices and vegetables, it makes it delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment